A Physiotherapist plays a vital role in healing, pain relief and rehabilitation following fractures, surgery, muscle, tendon, ligament and joint injuries. Treatment aims to correct and stimulate the body’s own natural healing processes.
In addition to being able to provide general musculoskeletal physiotherapy services, our physiotherapists are also highly trained and skilled in the assessment and management of shoulder and upper limb conditions. We treat a large number of shoulder patients, both for non-surgical and post-surgical management. Shoulder therapy treatment sessions are aimed at improving shoulder biomechanics to minimise symptoms and prevent recurrence.
Some of the common conditions we treat include:
• impingement/rotator cuff disease
• acute and multi directional shoulder instability
• neck, shoulder and back pain
• joint dislocations
• elbow pain (eg tennis elbow)
• upper limb work related injuries (eg RSI)
• frozen shoulder
• sporting injuries; muscle strains and tears
• soft tissue, tendon and ligament injuries
• nerve pain
• persistent headaches
• post operative physiotherapy
• postural related issues
We also provide supervised hydrotherapy sessions and gym visits; prescribing individualised programs for strengthening and conditioning.